30 concepts for the cactus classroom
These spike tacular cactus classroom ideas are so much fun! Your astute students will absolutely love these nifty and colorful designs. A beautifully upgraded study space might even inspire your kids to work a little harder. After all, cactus makes perfect.
(Note: WeAreTeachers can make pennies shopping through our links at no additional cost. We only recommend products that our team loves!)
1. Build this paper cactus
This spiky papercraft is so easy to make!
Source: Hatbit Kim / Pinterest
2. Embellish it with flowers
Line up your walls or notice board with paper cacti.
Source: Becka Groendyke / Pinterest
3. Make a 3D cactus garden
Put your 3D cactus collection in a variety of pots like this craft idea.
Source: Fun 365
4. Make them the focus
Would you like to take the easier route? These standalone paper cactus centerpieces would look great in your classroom.
Source: Oriental Trade
5. Create wall designs with cactus motifs
This cute display is the perfect pick-me-up, pick-me-up.
Source: Kristin / Pinterest
6. Sharpen your focus board
This “lookin ‘sharp” focus board with those huge googly eyes deserves a double tap.
Source: @ teachmemrs.z / Instagram
7. Build a class that holds together
This vivid “stick together” motif is as beautiful as it is encouraging. (Look at the little potted plant on the high table).
Source: @ mrshenryinfirst / Instagram
8. Plant the seeds for growth
This cute cactus and succulent combo makes us pass out. They better believe this success is (get it?) Insta-worthy.
Source: @ teachercreated / Instagram
9. Celebrate successes successfully
This gorgeous display is a great way to advertise exceptional work.
Source: @ cootiesandcuties / Instagram
10. Create personal bulletin boards
Students can design their own cactus bulletin board for a more personal touch.
Source: Terrica Baker / Pinterest
11. Label the cactus cutouts with the names of your students
With a few shades of construction paper and a black sharpie, you can easily create these cute name tags.
12. Create this cactus friendly door design
Okay, there may be a limited number of cactus puns, but that doesn’t make this door any less adorable.
Source: Debbie Upchurch / Pinterest
13. Make everyone feel welcome
It doesn’t get much cuter than that cactus classroom door!
Source: Aridita Anggraini / Pinterest
14. Hang these cactus clothespins
Use these cactus clothespins to showcase student work, hang up announcements, or even turn them into magnets for your whiteboard.
Buy: Amazon cactus clothespins
15. Let them know that they are a sharp bunch
We’re stuck on this adorable cactus trimmings!
Source: Really good stuff
16. Bring life to your classroom
We’re giving these cute cactus labels a green thumbs up!
Source: Oriental Trading cactus labels
17. Snuggle up to a cactus pillow
Get a collection of cactus pillows like this one to spice up your classroom.
18. Organize your flair pens and pencils
We’re green with envy of this cactus desktop organizer.
19. Line up the cactus garland
This cactus garland would look sharp over your whiteboard.
Source: Oriental Trading cactus garland
20. Blow up an inflatable cactus
No needles near this inflatable cactus. Why not create a small cactus forest?
Source: horror shop
21. Hang this eye-catching tapestry
Create a cactus accent wall that makes a statement!
22. Promote a growth mentality
Encourage students to keep growing no matter what!
23. Keep students motivated
Use the wall in the classroom to inspire kids every day!
Source: Oriental Trading cactus posters
24. Create a classroom photo booth with cacti
Have fun role-playing with these cute cactus accessories!
25. Drape this juicy cactus banner
Make it a banner year for your students!
Buy: Amazon Succulent Banners
26. Fill these cactus storage containers
These fun trash cans are perfect for taming the clutter in the classroom!
Buy: Amazon Cactus Organizer
27. Frame the cutest borders
These removable cactus classroom borders will instantly add a pop of color.
Buy: Trimming Amazon Cactus
28. Raise your ceiling with cactus lanterns
Use every usable space for your cactus classroom theme!
Source: Amazon hanging cactus lanterns
29. Bring some sparkle to your classroom
These cute fairy lights really brighten up a room!
Source: Amazon cactus fairy lights
30. Celebrate with this cactus birthday reminder
Make birthdays even more special with this fun cactus display!
Source: Amazon Cactus Bulletin Board