Eight causes to affix TeachThought PBL Develop 23 –
by Drew Perkins, Director of TeachThought PD
This summer, TeachThought is excited to resume our fourth annual open-registration conference event, PBL Grow 23!
We created this event in 2017 to meet the increasing demand from individuals and groups around the world for an innovative, engaging and powerful convergence of professional learning. We’ve had to pause it due to Covid but we’re happy to build on previous years with some new folds and additions including a new and unique location.
We tend to think differently about education and our work with you over these three days will reflect that. In a remarkable space with unique keynotes, your innovative and creative juices will get flowing as we dive deep into project-based learning!
Related: See what #Grow17, Grow 18, and Grow 19 looked like!
Here are just a few reasons why you should join us!
1. Advance your thinking and hone your PBL teaching craft as we provide engaging opportunities for deeper learning while creating a project to implement in your classroom.
2. Learn how to shift to authentic learning through project-based learning, rather than pushing it.
3. Delve deeper into Rich Inquiry through several inquiry exercises and activities that you can use right away in your classroom.
4. Examine the bogus binary behind the question PBL or direct/explicit statement, what works?
5. Learn from keynote speakers including Micki Ray, Chief Academic Officer of the Kentucky Department of Education.
6. Meet and connect with interesting and like-minded professionals from around the world.
7. Experience some of Louisville, KY’s best attractions including Churchill Downs, the Muhammad Ali Center, Bourbon, Louisville Slugger and of course our venue, Lynn Family Stadium.
8. Wendell Berry’s farm (an inspiration for much of TeachThought’s work) and the Berry Center are only about 30 minutes outside of Louisville. The bookstore is small and the farm isn’t open to visitors, but you can wave vigorously as you drive by.
And a lot more!